Smart Women Finish Rich
Author: David Bach
Year Published: 1998
Page Count: 358 pages. 6-7 hour read time.
Why you should read Smart Women Finish Rich:
Money may not buy happiness, but it sure as hell can cause a lot of stress if you don’t have a handle on your financial situation. And managing your stress is one of the keys to thriving in perimenopause.
On episode 8 of our podcast, Balancing Numbers to Balance Your Life, we interviewed Lisa Moraitis. Lisa is a Chartered Professional Accountant. She talked with us about money, life changes, budgeting, taxes, and the importance of getting to know your finances.
During our chat, Lisa recommended this book: Smart Women Finish Rich.
According to the book’s author, David Bach, “…shockingly few women know even a fraction of what they should about the state of their own personal and family finances.” To solve this problem, David shares 8 steps to achieving financial security and funding your dreams.
Note: Lisa also recommended Smart Couple Finish Rich. You can read Michelle’s review here.
From this New York Times bestselling author you’ll learn:
- It’s not the size of your income that will determine your financial well-being over the next 20-30 year; it’s how you handle the money you earn.
- The importance of discovering your true values about money. Security? Choices? Freedom?
- How to figure out where you stand financially.
- Why you should always pay yourself first.
- How to create your security basket, your retirement basket, and your dream basket.
- The 10 biggest mistakes investors make.
- Tips for raising financially savvy kids.
- The 12 commandments of attracting greater wealth.
Filled with solid financial advice, this book will give you the confidence to take take charge of your financial health and make better decisions.
“As you go about life, ask yourself regularly:
Am I making things happen or am I watching things happen?
The choice is yours. “
“Take the tools in this book and start now to begin your personal journey to the new woman you want to be in five years – more financially secure than you are now, more successful in your career, happier, even healthier. And remember – if you encounter a few setbacks along the way, don’t let them deter you. You’re not supposed to get everything right the first time. And think about this: mistakes and failures are just market research for your future successes!”
The Smart Women Finish Rich program has helped millions of women gain confidence, clarity, and control over their financial well-being. And now it can help you.